Did you know that concrete weighs less than quarry stone, making it an economical aggregate material? That’s a fact! Here are some other bits of concrete trivia that may interest you…
- Concrete gets even harder over time, reaching almost full strength in a few weeks, but continuing to harden for decades!
- Concrete is the most common construction material; and it is no wonder because concrete is cost-effective; impervious to fire, weather, rot and insects; and it can be used time and time again.
- Believe it or not, one component used to create concrete is air! Not so surprisingly, concrete also consists of sand, gravel and water.
- Concrete was used in the construction of The Empire State Building, which at the time it was built, was the tallest structure in the world.
- Together with asphalt, concrete makes up most of the entire world’s paths for travel, including roadways, bridges and sidewalks.
- Concrete was born in ancient civilization to build structures, for flooring, rudimentary “plumbing” and more.
- Concrete is hard, but it is easy to shape – yet one more reason this widely used construction material is so versatile.
If you are interested in learning more about how concrete can support your business needs (See what I did there?) and/or shift toward more client and environment-desirable sustainable construction or landscaping, Drewry Site Development can help. Call us at 386-313-3220.
Privately held and family owned, Drewry Site Development is a proven leader in site development and construction material supplies, with an expertly trained staff creating high quality, cost-effective products.